Hiding of items does not remove the "Synchronize" checkbox

Uwe KeimUwe Keim Posts: 46 Bronze 3
edited March 21, 2006 9:41AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
When using the toolbar to hide certain items in the main list (e.g. "Roles" or "Views"), then the items disappear from the main list.

But when clicking "Synchronize" then, the wizard still seems to want to synchronize the (now hidden, but still selected) items.

This is rather unintuitive to me. To me, it would be logical that when the items are invisible, they are also no being synchronized.

Is this a known feature or a known bug :wink:? What is the best way to handle such situations?

Thanks
Uwe

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Uwe,

This behaviour is just how the software is designed. What I usually do take all of the filters off, then 'uncheck all' (make sure everything's unchecked!) and then filter only the objects I want to synchronize and use the 'select all' button.
  • Uwe KeimUwe Keim Posts: 46 Bronze 3
    So the "check all" and "uncheck all" commands work on the visible items, whereas the "synchronize" command works on both the visible and invisible items?

If yes, this sounds like a strange design desiction to me. (Anyway, great software, of course).
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Synchronize will script everything that's checked, whether it's visible or not, yes...