Options

White balls?????

Good morning,

We are checking some points in the configuration of the Source Control tool do not understand:

-> What are the white balls that appear in the SSMS object browser? to serve these white balls? what they indicate?

-> How coslision control is performed when two programmers who want to play the same object at the same time? Locks access to the object once it has previously taken a developer?

-> We are checking delay in synchronization with the tool, taking about 30 seconds to synchronize with TFS. You can bring any ideas?

We hope to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tomas,

I think you've already got a ticket open with us, but I'll put my answers up here as well in case anyone else has the same questions in future:

1. In general, change indicators let you know that an object has changes to commit. Change indicators with a white center mean that an object has been dropped from the tree - we can't put a white change indicator on the object in question, because it no longer exists.

2. We don't current have any object locking in SQL Source Control, but we're working on a few ways we might implement that. Currently, if two developers are working on an object at the same time, there's a chance of conflicts - here's an article on how SQL Source Control deals with that: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... /Conflicts

3. There's a few things that could cause TFS synchronization to be slow - are you on a VPN or is it at a remote location? Do other clients connect OK? How many developers do you have connecting at once?
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer