What's the table name that holds used space on a volume

sql-loversql-lover Posts: 39
edited April 16, 2014 2:24PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Does anybody know what is the table name in RedGate's Monitoring database that holds the space utilization for a particular volume or drive on a SQL server?

So far I found:

[RedGateMonitoring].[data].[Cluster_Machine_LogicalDisk_Keys] holds the name for the drive and its ID.

[RedGateMonitoring].[data].[Cluster_Machine_LogicalDisk_Capacity_StableSamples] holds the max size for a volume.

But I don't know where the information for space utilization is?

Appreciate any response from RedGate support if they read this.

I do have a 2nd database that holds metrics for my system. I do not want to reinvent the wheel and add more stress on my servers and would like to query those tables and extract information of space utilization for my drives, probably one time every day, and export or save that on my 2nd database.

Comments

• I don't think that the space utilization is stored in the data repository as a distinct entry. I believe that it is calculated as needed using the 'current' _FreeBytes and the _TotalBytes values in the tables you have quoted.
  • chriskelly wrote:
    I don't think that the space utilization is stored in the data repository as a distinct entry. I believe that it is calculated as needed using the 'current' _FreeBytes and the _TotalBytes values in the tables you have quoted.

Thanks Chris,

Let me take a look ...