Options

Feature request: Turn off object filters with one click

drhotendrhoten Posts: 21
edited March 16, 2006 12:13PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
When reviewing the changes between two databases, I often like to review one object type at a time.

Rather than having to click on 26 different toolbar icons to turn off the filters, I would like to be able to right click on the tool bar icon that I would like to exclusively filter by, and select "filter by only _____"

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I think you can filter by object types; tables, views, etc by clicking on their icon in the toolbar or under "View-Object Filters- and object selection"

Is this what you meant?

T. Kato
  • Options
    But, I was looking for a faster way to do it.

Rather than having to click on each object filter to turn it off but skipping the one I want on.

- or -

By selecting View - Object Filters - None (sigh, which I didn't realize was there) and then selecting the Table object filter, I would like to right click on the table object filter button on the tool bar and select Filter only by Tables.

It's just a gee it would be nice feature, but I think I can suffer the pain agony of four clicks... :wink:
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

On the bright size, you'll be able to save your filter settings when you save your project in version 5, saving you a few clicks!