Options

New Evaluation

etuckeretucker Posts: 4
I downloaded SQL source control yesterday and am trying to evaluate it for our organization. On one of our smaller databases the 'Link Database to Source Control...' worked just fine. I have done commits to subversion in that database and it appears to be working well but it does appear to be a bit slow.

The main problem is when I tried to add on of our largest database (1200 tables and 3700 procs). It will not complete. I have tried to filter the objects down to just functions (Less than 200) and it is still not completing. I thought it might just be hung so I closed out and restarted SSMS with just the functions selected and I got a pointer error and SQL source control was not in SSMS. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and retried and I am still getting the perpetually spinning blue ball.

Any ideas? Is there a size limit on the database/number of objects?

Are there other alternatives?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding the problem fully. Is it just that the blue indicators keep spinning? What happens if you go to the commit tab?

The blue indicators rely on a polling query we run every 60 seconds by default. This is not actually necessary for the functionality (it might just be a really expensive query in your case), so if you want to turn it off, you can follow the steps in this article: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... g+interval

If you're actually getting an error on the commit changes tab, can you send in the error report and include your email address in the prompt? That way I can look it up in our bug system.

If no error report prompt comes up, we also have a ticket open for you (reference 17376), and it'd be helpful if you could reproduce the problem and send me your log file (you can find it in "C:\Users\youruserprofile\AppData\Local\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Source Control 3").

Thanks,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107
  • Options
    It is still having the same issue. The error on the commit changes tab is 'Conversion Overflows'.

Sorry for the slow reply but I am only able to work on this evaluation Monday, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

I also did the send error report option on the commit changes tab and referred to the case number (#17376). I included my email with the error report.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hello,

I responded to you through the ticket -- it should be easier to investigate further that way.

Thanks,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107
  • Options
    I went into Request #17376 and did not see anymore information. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Eric
  • Options
    Sorry about that, I somehow hadn't sent the email earlier. You should have it now.
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107