Options

Word Wrap behaviour inconsistent.

ChillierChillier Posts: 11
edited April 8, 2014 3:27AM in SQL Doc
I have two very similar tables, in the same database, one documented, one not. I must jump back and forth between the two, copying and pasting as needed.

On the table I am updating, the Description fields all format such that they fit the window size (the words wrap within the text box to accommodate window width.) However, the words seem to be randomly wrapping for the descriptions on the table I am reading from - most, but not all descriptions, are single-lined, which means I have to constantly scroll right to see the entire description line.

This seems to be a bug to us - perhaps some text contents that are causing this?
:?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    We already have a bug open for this with internal ID SDOC-878. There is not a consistent behaviour with this issue but my impression is that extended properties with long words in them look much better in the final documentation than they do in the preview. The browsers seem to be doing more sensible line breaks than in the preview.
  • Options
    I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

on table dbo.Transaction_Main_VPS, column TransferReasonCode:

MS_Description:
    'Reason for transfer (lookup). Current reasons: TPLD PledgedAccountTransfer, TRAC TransferBetweenSpouses, TRAF Demerger. TRAG Gift, TRAI Heritage, TRAN BetweenOwnAccounts, TRAO OrdinaryTransfer, TRAT Trade, TRAU UndividedPossession, TRPE TransferBetweenDifferentBeneficiaries, TTDT TDTFrameworkTransfer.'

(no tick marks)

If I put focus on the field to edit it, it and all other text boxes suddenly reformat nicely into the window size. (3 rows for TransferReasonCode)

If I put focus on a different column description, ALL the text boxes, including the text box TransferReasonCode text box, suddenly extend far off the right side of the window, requiring scrolling. (2 rows for TransferReasonCode text box).

This may be a bit more clear than setting focus (clicking) on a different table. This action occurs just clicking on another text box for the same table.

Go figure.

:?
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    OK, thanks.