Options

Source View f12 window not available

moikemoike Posts: 5
edited April 8, 2014 11:19AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
I'm opening up the Performance profiler from within VS2013 via ANTs/Profile Performance ( something I have done many times before )

My code is successfully running, and I am able to observe the Call tree etc. just as I would expect, but recently I am now unable to get down to view the source code and code line level timings. (F12 does nothing apart from apply and remove the tick in the View menu)

What am I doing wrong? I've tried 2 different solutions that this was working fine with a few weeks ago.
I'm running in Debug, all source code available in VS etc. .....

Regards

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi moike,

Could you kindly close any open profiler instances, open your registry, and delete the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\ANTS Performance Profiler 8\Dock States\Main Window\DockManagerData\Panels\Item1

The key may have gotten corrupted so that the source window no longer shows, but deleting it should bring it back into view--please let us know how you get on!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Hi thanks for the response,
    However, after deleting the suggested key, this had no noticeable affect at all when running as a normal user, however it now no longer works as an administrator either!!.
    Regards
  • Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi moike,

So sorry about that! Could you please try deleting the entire Main Window registry key instead?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\ANTS Performance Profiler 8\Dock States\Main Window

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?