Options

Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx'

dhivya80dhivya80 Posts: 6
edited March 13, 2006 8:13AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

I recently activated the SQL Compare 3.2.1.14. Our company has 5 licenses for this product.

The application works fine.

I tried to implement the example in the 'Automating SQL Compare tutorial' in the SQL bundle help file

When I try referencing the DLL's in VB.NET( VS 2003) I get a popup which says my trial has expired.

When I click the 'Exit' button I get the following error

Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0004 : Exception occured creating type 'System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'

I included the 'licenses.licx' file just as in the example, and included the following references :

RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll and RedGate.SQL.Shared.dll.

I also included the RedGate.Licensing.* files, but I still have the same problem.

Can someone help me please?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

SQL Toolkit licence activation only works on a per-project basis. This means that every time you create a new project, there is a possibility that you will be asked to activate again because the licence client can't find the licence file that was created already.

Since activations are hardware-specific, they do not count against you if you're on the same computer, so please do not click exit, but proceed with the activation. Once the assembly for your new project has been successfully activated, it should not ask again as long as you continue working on that same project.