Shared model changed by Unknown issue, RG_AllObjects_v1

MBBWMBBW Posts: 16
SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2
SQL Source Control 3.5.6.338

I have two questions. First, in the shared model change log database duplicates of the two objects RG_AllObjects and RG_WhatsChanged were created with the suffix _v1. I think it was due to the use of two different SSC versions on different machines. But the change logging of course did not work due to two log tables. Now I solved the problem but still the objects are created with the suffix _v1. Does this matter?

Second, the changed by Unknown issue occurs sometimes. One case is renaming an object in the SSMS object explorer. There are records logged in the change log table with the right user but the SSC window shows Unknown. Is this a known problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi!

First off, SQL Source Control appending _v1 to the end of the change logging objects is expected behaviour, and nothing to worry about.

Regarding your second problem (Unknown users at the Commit tab) - we know that there are problems like this, but we've so far had trouble reproducing them reliably here on site. We've been looking for users who would be willing to receive Beta builds, try them out for real and send us diagnostic information (things like screen shots and trace files) while we try and sort this problem out - would you be able to help us out with something like that? We've got a backlog of other work on the tool planned for the next month or so, but we’d like to start in April. Let me know if you'd like to help out!
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer