problems with german-umlauts

hjghjg Posts: 6
edited March 10, 2006 5:17AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi!

I have just found out that there seems to be a problem with german umlauts.

For example I have a SP that has a parameter that is called

@IVRückStKonto int,

and the tool generates this code

@IVR¼ckStKonto int,

That happens to all umlauts, this problem didn't exist in version 3.

What can I do?

I just found out that the umlauts are also wrong on the left side of the comparison window, e.g.

String on the left-side:

--die Sätze in Meldung_ListeAuftragEmpf werden über die Verknüpfung automatisch gelöscht

String on the right-side:

--die Sätze in Meldung_ListeAuftragEmpf werden über die Verknüpfung automatisch gelöscht

Of course the program thinks that there are changes on that line.

bye, sascha

Comments

  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 New member
    Hello Sasha,

    If this script had been saved by SQL Caompare, then the issue may simply be with the script encoding type. When saving the script, you should make sure that the save format is Unicode (as opposed to UTF-8 or ASCII) otherwise the double-byte characters will not be properly interpreted by whatever text reader is opening them.
  • Hello Sasha,

    If this script had been saved by SQL Caompare, then the issue may simply be with the script encoding type. When saving the script, you should make sure that the save format is Unicode (as opposed to UTF-8 or ASCII) otherwise the double-byte characters will not be properly interpreted by whatever text reader is opening them.

    Hello Brian!

    This was the problem, thanks alot!

    bye, sascha
Sign In or Register to comment.