Options

bug on context index and xmltype column

errr3errr3 Posts: 4
edited January 12, 2015 11:27AM in Source Control for Oracle
Refresh after commit changes show incorrect changes with context index on xmltype column.

For example:
create table t1(col xmltype);

create index idx_test on t1(col)
indextype is ctxsys.context
parameters ('datastore ctxsys.default_datastore
filter ctxsys.null_filter
section group ctxsys.auto_section_group
sync (on commit) memory 16m');

Comments

• Options
    I am thinking that Source Control for Oracle does not support the CONTEXT index type. When the program attempts to create a DDL script for this, it ends up like
    CREATE INDEX idx_test ON t1(SYS_MAKEXML(0,"SYS_NC00002$"));

I'll see if I can get some confirmation about this.
  • Options
    Bug still exists in Source Control for Oracle 2.0.3.489. Customers who use xml index cannot use you product normally, developpers don't want to migrate to your poduct while this bug exist.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sorry for the lack of response. This syntax seems to be working now in Source Control for Oracle 2.0.3.489, which just came out today on Red Gate Check for Updates.
  • Options
    Hi,

Although Schema Compare for oracle correctly compares object grants, Source Control For Oracle seems not.
    Apparently SCFO is ignoring the grants to roles.
    If you are looking for fast success in learn french then join today to find complete learn to speak italian resources and pass passguide certifications on first try. A person can pick bbc selftestengine for its easiness.
  • Options
    I've just had a quick look and Source Control for Oracle (SOCO) seems to support grants to roles and I'm not aware of any existing problems.

Can you give an example or your issue - perhaps using support@red-gate.com
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd