how to deploy asp.net web application?

Bradley RogersBradley Rogers Posts: 2
edited February 10, 2014 3:39AM in Deployment Manager
Hi
i created a visual studio 2013 web application, its got an sql database

now am just trying to make it run on another pc. first time doing this kind of project so everything is new and unknown. am used to doing win forms

well how to "put" my application into the deployment manager? i created the website interface at port 8080, so it logs into the red gate deployment admin manager; but my project? i could not find out how to import it

in one of the windows it says type the name, i did, later it says cannot find it, make sure its spellt [sic] correctly

thanks

Comments

• Hi Bradley,

I think this message from the 'Create Release' page is the one you're referring to:
    Package not found in remote repository. Please ensure the package exists and the name is spelt correctly.
    This means that Deployment Manager cannot find a package with the name you specified in the NuGet feed it's using as a package source.

Deployment Manager does not take your content directly from Visual Studio; it takes NuGet packages of the compiled application and deploys them to target machines (see the documentation on how Deployment Manager works). The simplest way to package and publish your web application as a NuGet package ready for Deployment Manager to consume is to use the Deployment Manager Visual Studio Extension.

You might find the Getting Started documentation helpful as you try to deploy your first web application.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software