Options

Cannot upload file to hosted service.

srikodurisrikoduri Posts: 5
edited February 4, 2014 5:14AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,
I was trying to take backup of the file and copy it into hosted storage and i get the error below.

Unable to upload file F:\Backup to hosted storage (error 14 -Error while checking client / service compatibility: Unable to connect to the remote server)

I was thinking it might be because of SQL Backup Agent service login details but i don't know how to fix it. Can anyone tell me how to fix the issue?

Thanks
Sri

Comments

• Options
    I do have Hosted Storage account (https://sqlbackup.red-gate.com/LogIn) and they are working fine on test servers but on production server i am getting the error.
    Please advise ASAP.
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

A support call has been created for you HERE.

I sent the following to you via e-mail on Thursday 30th January 2014:
    "Thank you for your support request.

The Hosted Storage feature of SQL Backup does not use the SQL Backup Agent Service to log in and perform the upload.

You need to create an account either through the SQL Backup GUI ->Registered Server name ->Right Click and select Server Options ->Hosted Storage settings ->create one now link which takes you to this web page https://sqlbackup.red-gate.com/LogIn

For backup jobs that you wish to upload to Hosted Storage, in Step 3 of the backup Wizard or Step 4 of the Scheduled Backup Wizard, enable the 'Copy backup to hosted storage Server linked to account:<account email address>' option, where the <account email address> is the account created in the previous paragraph, see attached screenshot408.jpg.

I hope the above helps."

?name=ScreenShot408.jpg

As this is occurring on your production server, have you entered the account name and password details correctly?

Is there any Firewall or Proxy Server in place that would block the connection to the hosted storage server from your production server?

Does the production server have internet access?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com