Options

Multiple Comparisons using Folder as Target

eandrewseandrews Posts: 6
edited January 8, 2014 8:55AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Is it possible to keep a Script Folder up to date using Schema Compare 3 for Oracle?

I used Schema Compare to create the Script Folders. I then went an created a new table in the Oracle database, started Schema Compare using Oracle as the Source and the folders originally created as the Target. All of the objects are identified correctly but when I go to the Deployment Wizard I receive the following error (from the log file itself). I will get what appears to be an endless amount of errors in the Dialog box and I can't close the application (have to kill using Task Manager).

11:56:44.760|Trace |Actions |30 |:Finding sync issues in type RedGate.Oracle.SchemaCompare.Comparison.TableDifference
11:56:44.904|Error |Engine Service |1 |:Exception in progress dialog
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at #7DD.#RED.FindSyncIssues(IEnumerable`1 #tIc, #TED #TsPb)
at #7DD.#mED.#ARD(IEnumerable`1 #tIc, #TED #TsPb)
at RedGate.Oracle.SchemaCompare.Actions.SyncActions.FindSyncIssues()
at RedGate.Oracle.Compare.EngineController.Schema.ProgressTasks.FindSyncIssuesProgressTask.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0()
at RedGate.Shared.Controls.ProgressDialogEx.<>c__DisplayClass8.<DoTasks>b__3(Object q)

Comments

• Options
    Redgate support has looked into my particular issue and it appears that it has something to do with our "RELY DISABLE" statements we are using to identify foreign keys but disable them. This is being done to provide information to the optimizer without having the engine enforce the rule.

It appears to work correctly with multiple comparisons on tables not utilizing this particular feature.