Options

Creating New Application Pool in Agent server

13»

Comments

• Options
    Can i take a backup of previous data while going to publish a website on server?
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Depends what you mean by "data" - if you mean either files or databases on the target server then there's nothing in Deployment Manager itself to do this, but of course you could write some powershell to perform extra steps before the deployoment begins to do whatever you needed.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    Hello James...

I am getting another issue related to Application Pool...

For e.g.

11vqrro.jpg

Creating two app pool on server then in the server created two app pool and two Website host on server, but issue is that one application pool is used by two websites on server published by DM.
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Please see the full detail

ztvqrt.jpg
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    I've just tested this myself and it seems that in my case it used the second app-pool for both of the applications too. I'll check with the DM team what should happen here.

Redgate Software

• Options
    ok... thnxs : james :)
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Hello James..

what is the status of the Application Pool issue?

Another issue is that if i am using stylecop then getting this issue, pls see below...

ab6rtd.jpg

I can't continue work on that i have also a suggestion is that if Release is in process and it take to much time then i think here is stop button to stop the process of release.
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    We're investigating the app-pool issue. It only occurs when you deploy multiple applications under the Default Web Site- if you deploy your applications as separate sites then it works- the downside is that you need to then use a different port for each app.

The StyleCop thing looks like a build error in visual studio relating to one of your referenced assemblies missing at first guess, rather than anything specifci to Deployment Manager?

Redgate Software

• Options
    are you doing fix issue if deploy multiple applications under the Default Web Site ?

and let me check the issue of stylecop...
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Possibly - we're currently investigating to see if it's a bug on our part or something to do with IIS that we cannot easily control. If it's a bug in DM and not too hard to fix then we should be able to resolve it soon though.

Cancelling deployments has already been suggested but doesn't have many votes yet. Please vote for the feature here

Redgate Software

• Options
    Sorry! I've just fixed this bug (internal reference: fcf6e4649ba4) and it should hopefully by shipped next Wednesday.

From now on, whenever a website or virtual directory is created, the application pool will be associated correctly with it.
  • Options
    thnxs.... David... Wait for your next build asap....

:):):)
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Can i get the which version of package is created by using Command?
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Hi, I'm not quite sure what you mean in your latest post - could you be more specific?
    What version number do you mean, and what command do you need to access it with?

Redgate Software

• Options
    I am saying that i am create package using command, and i want to check that which package version i was already created on DM?

So i can create new packge with different version using Command.
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    In the Settings tab, you can go to Package feeds. Then click Test for the feed the package is on. Then enter the name of the package, and click Search.

The most recent version of the package will be listed.

That having been said, if you're using either the Deployment Manager SSMS add-in or the Deployment Manager VS extension, we automatically suggest a default sensible package version by incrementing the last version number, as well as displaying the last version number for reference, so you only need to search the feed if you're creating the package in some other way.
  • Options
    Yes.. you are right i know all the things, but i want any other way to check version using Command Prompt.
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Deployment Manager is built on top of NuGet, and the NuGet command line can do what you want.

http://docs.nuget.org/docs/reference/co ... st_Command has the details, but basically you want "NuGet.exe list ..."
  • Options
    i am using stylecop in Visual Studio then getting this issue, pls see below...

ab6rtd.jpg

And if it is publish normal using Web Deployment , then it is successfully Publish and then going to publish your Publish to Deployment then can't publish and gives error and then Build the solution can't find any error in the solution.

I can't continue work on that i have also a suggestion is that if Release is in process and it take to much time then i think here is stop button to stop the process of release.
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Options
    Hello...

I think Visual Studio Plugin is not suppport to Visual Studio 2012 but it is work only in Visual Studio 2010... Please check plugin is working in VS2012 and VS2013 or not?
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta