Executable without collation information

BrunoBruno Posts: 5
Hi

I'm using SQL Packer 4.1 and i want to create an executable with schema and data. But the schema should not contain collation informations so that the executable can run against german or english MS SQL Servers. How do I do that?

regards,
Bruno

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Bruno,

There is an option, in the schema options, to ignore collation order. Does this help?
  • Hi

I was looking for such an option but couldn't find it. Maybe because SQL Packer decided to run in German language (language of my windows installed). How is this option called in your german Version of SQL Packer 4.1. Or is there a way to switch SQL Packer to english language.

regards,
    Bruno
  • Hi Bruno,

Packager is an MUI application, so it automatically runs in your system's language. I don't know how to override that!

I'll need to work out what that option is called in the Deutsch version and get back to you.
  • Hi Brian

It's been quite a while since I last heared from you. And it's becomming more and more prominent that I have an executable without collation information. This is very important, because I can't predict if the enduser is running an english or german SQL Server. Please let me know what this option is called as soon as possible.

regards,
    Bruno
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Bruno,

Sorry. According to the German help file, the option you need is called Sortierungsreihenfolge ignorieren.

This causes Packager not to put collation orders on the columns so they will carry the database's default collation order.
  • Hi Brian

Thank you for the reply this seams to work
  • Packager is an MUI application, so it automatically runs in your system's language. I don't know how to override that!

I wish I had the choice to actually pick my favourite language (English) over my MUI language.... I would have easily found "collation order", but that you'd call that "Sortierungsreihenfolge" in German was beyond me .... :-)

Any hope that SQL Packager 5 will contain an option "Select language" to override the MUI default??

Thanks!
    Marc
  • Hi Marc

I will out this forward for the next versions.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd