Options

view sqlUser on alerts page | write custom alerts per sqlUsr

dave heywooddave heywood Posts: 2 Bronze 1
edited November 8, 2013 10:17AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,

I'm using SQL Monitor to manage a web server, and we use SQL Data Compare heavily against it. We get quite a few "long running queries" and other alerts from various websites on the server, from Data Compare etc.

I've split the sql connection strings for each connection out against a different user, so now we can at least identify the source of each query (by users), but is there a way of showing the User in the alert table, or even could I rewrite the "long running query" alert and write one per user to be only raised if the query matches that user ?

Any help would be great on this, I've been through the documentation and the forum, but can't see any real references to people wanting to query against the user calling the queries.....

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    You can't add a column to the list of alerts to show additional information (user name) and you can't filter out alerts by user. What you can do is filter alerts so they won't be displayed when the query matches a certain SQL command or SQL process name.

So in the case of SQL Data Compare, you can filter out long-running query alerts using the process name "Red Gate Software - SQL Tools", because this is the application name that SQL Data Compare sets as the application name.

I hope this helps.