Options

No Database is available for the currently selected Range

basuds83basuds83 Posts: 3
edited October 17, 2013 7:20PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
I've started using ANTS Performance Profiler 7.4 Pro Edition but but whenever I'm selecting Database Calls it's throwing "No Database is available for the currently selected Range" message for any profiling mode.

Am I missing something?

Moreover in the profiling result I'm seeing the methods which has maximum hit count, it's not showing the source code. only says "Hidden methods without source". What does it mean? how do I access those source?

Please let me know.
Thanks & Regards,
Basu_

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hello,

Thank you for your post!

There are a few different reasons why your SQL calls may not showing up. A few common things to check for..

-Are you using sampling mode of profiling?
    -Are you are profiling an application compiled into an NGen profile image?
    -Does it make any difference if you run the profiler explicitly as administrator?

Should none of those apply, the problem could be one of the following:
    -Your application calls a database using unsupported ADO.NET drivers.
    -Your SQL calls are made asynchronously.
    -Your calls use a non-standard SQL API.

You can find more about these issues here: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... +profiling

Also, it's not yet reflected in that documentation, but we've actually just released version 8.3 of the profiler which adds support for MySQL and PostgreSQL profiling. It may be worth updating (Help>check for updates) if that might be the issue in your case!

Regarding the missing source, there is likely an issue with that assembly's pdb files. Kindly take a look at this article for troubleshooting tips: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... B+problems

Hope this information helps!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    -Are you using sampling mode of profiling?

I’ve tried these profiling but no success:

1.Line-Level and Method – level timings; all-methods(most detailed)
    2.Method – level timings; all-methods(faster)
    3.Line-Level and Method – level timings; Only methods with source(detailed)
    4.Method – level timings; Only methods with source(very fast, most accurate)

-Are you are profiling an application compiled into an NGen profile image? No
    -Does it make any difference if you run the profiler explicitly as administrator? No

In the service layer, our application is using IBMDB2 database with OleDb provider. Does ANTS not support this?

Please let me know. Also is there any workaround to profile DB2 database calls?
    Thanks & Regards,
    Basu_
  • Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Basu,

No, the profiler does not support DB2 database profiling, I'm sorry to say. :/

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?