I have been received this error:

Event: Open: I:\Volumes\Data01\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG

Outcome:
Cannot connect

Exception:
IOException

Exception message:
The network name cannot be found.

This error occur in SQL 2005/2008/2008R2 and 2012.
I have opened all ports in firewall but error still occur.

Anyone could tell me how do I fix it?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Can you please let us know which version of SQL Monitor you have installed? There was a problem that caused this issue a few minor versions ago.

Otherwise it may be that admin shares are disabled on the SQL Server or the SQL Server has incorrect information in its' registry about where it keeps its' error log.
  • Hello,

Can you please let us know which version of SQL Monitor you have installed? There was a problem that caused this issue a few minor versions ago.

Otherwise it may be that admin shares are disabled on the SQL Server or the SQL Server has incorrect information in its' registry about where it keeps its' error log.

Hello Brian,

I have installed version 3.5.0.497.

This problem appeared after I have installed a new version.

Thanks,

Tiago
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    edited October 16, 2013 9:34AM
    SQL Monitor gets the location of the error log from the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<version>.<instancename>\MSSQLServer\Parameters\SQLArg1

Either the information there is not correct, or admin shares are disabled. SQL Monitor needs to get to \\computername\I$. You can enable admin shares from Windows Computer Management console.
  • Hi Brian, Thanks for your reply.

I'll check with security team about admin shared. I think it is disabled for some reason of securtity.

Tiago
  • Hi Brian,

I still got same error!

The location of the error log is correct and now my security team enable admin shares.

What can I do?
  • That's good i appreciate your information.
  • So, how was this resolved?
    Troy.
    #