Profile WebService on IIS6

Hi,
I'm trying to profile a webservice running on IIS6, I've set the profiler to use a domain account which the web service requires for db access, when the profiler attempts to start I get the following event log entries: -

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{[ommited]}
to the user [ommited] SID ([ommited]). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

The domain account is a member of the local IIS_WG group which has been granted 'Log on as a Batch Job' + 'Log on as a Service'
Any Ideas?

thanks Paul

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Paul,

It sounds like your website is going off to run some COM+ Serviced Application and the serviced application isn't letting the website have permissions to the COM+ application while it's being profiled.

You may be able to get it to work by going to Administrative Tools->Component Services, opening the application (If you don't know what it is by looking at the CLSID please let me know -- I think I can figure out how to resolve it to an application name) and disabling access checking in the security tab for the application.
  • Hi,
    We don't use any custom serviced components, looking up the clsid in the registry points to "IIS WAMREG admin Service" clsid={61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}. This is listed under DCOM Config rather than as a COM+ Application. Do I need to make any security (or other) changes to the component?

thanks Paul
  • Hi,

How do you actually profile web services in the first place? What option do you choose in the fist page of the wizard?

Thanks

Anders
  • Hi,

Select ASP.NET Web Application, then hit an .asmx page to start up the app.

Paul
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Paul,

I'm afraid I can't think of an answer to the question about the COM+ application. The system may be trying to start it as the user that is running the ANTS Profiler Service, if that helps any.
This discussion has been closed.