windows Authentication

sonnysonny Posts: 2
edited February 17, 2006 9:29AM in ANTS Load
Lossing security context (user account info - HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name) whilest running with windows intergration (iis setting).

when recording a script, user context is changed by Ant Load so when I get to checking windows credentials the page fails.

Not sure wy or how its possible, you would think ant load would NOT permission to change security context ?

How I have tryed to resolve the security context issue:

Changed the user account service is running under,

This also occuring in the global.asax under the applcation session start.

Help would be much appreciated as i've exhausted every other avenue.

Cheers
Sonny M

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Sonny,

We've just released ANTS Load 1.7 -- please see the announcement -- which supports Windows Authentication in the web client. Script recording a site using Windows Authentication still results in a 401 unauthorized page, but you can actually run a script now which uses Windows Authentication to the server.

You would do this by using the AddCredentials method on the first HttpRequest, for example:

WebClient.HttpRequest.AddCredentials(Authentication.AuthType.NTLMv2, "MyDomain", "MyUsername", MyUsersPassword")

As long as the web server is using HTTP protocol version 1.1, the credentials should persist for the whole script. In other words, you shouldn't need to add credentials to each and every request object.