Using Network Shares with SQL Backup
The following procedure describes how you grant the permissions using Microsoft® Windows® XP.
1. In Windows Explorer, right-click on the folder in which you want to create the backups, and then click Sharing and Security.
2. Select Share this folder, and set the properties of the share as required.
3. Click Permissions, and on the Share Permissions dialog box, click Add.
4. On the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, grant full access to the account used by the SQL Backup Agent service.
5. Click OK on all of the dialog boxes.
SQL Backup Project Manager
Red Gate Software