Options

ANTS 2.6 and sharepoint doesn't work

Hi,
I have a problem with profiling sharepoint appllications. I use version 2.6 On my dev machine when I try to profile I get "Cannot connect to the configuration database." error in browser. I read one of a knowledgebase article about this but it didn't help.
Interesting thing is that it works on a test server.
Anyone can help?

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

If it's a security issue, then you may want to try setting the logon account for the ANTS Profiler Service to be the same as the application pool that runs the sharepoint code. If ANTS is profiling a web application on IIS 6, it will run the application pool as local system.
  • Options
    I tried that, but still it doesn't work.
    I tried that minute ago and this is what I get when I try to start profiling:
    at the beginning
    Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Exception: Error stopping IISAdmin ---> System.Exception: Couldn't open the SC manager (5)

then
    System.Exception: Couldn't open the SC manager (5)
    at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._4(String )
    at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._5()

and when I stopped IIS admin I got this:

Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070005): Access is denied

just like I wrote, I tried "PROFILE 26 - IIS application pool using named user identity" and it still doesn't work.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

That's a bit different. I think what's happening is that your server is denying registry access to ANTS Profiler. The profiler needs to access the IIS metabase for some configuration information about the application's configured version of ASP .NET.

Perhaps you can test this by opening a command prompt and running
    cd c:\inetpub\adminscripts
    cscript adsutil.vbs GET W3SVC/1/Root/<Application name>/Script Maps

• Options
    on what application name does sharepoint works on? MSSharePointPortalAppPool?
  • Options
    thanks for nothing. I will try the competition's profilers.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    There is normally a completely separate SharePointAppPool.
This discussion has been closed.