sql prompt performance bad

2»

Comments

• kondrichkondrich Posts: 79 Bronze 2
    Yes, I am referring to SSMS built in IntelliSense that I completely deactivated to prevent lags in SQL Prompt (auto-list members was already deactivated to get suggestions just from SQL Prompt).

I just checked my display drivers: They are up to date (both checked Dell and Intel driver sites).

We tried a remote session once, but it did not work. I suspect our restricted network via a proxy that requires authentication. But we could try once more...

After typing "ssf <tab>" the list of suggested objects displays. When hitting cursor down reasonably fast, I could hit it ten times until the the cursor actually moves down.
    Regards, Klaus
  • I downloaded 6.1.0.42 and it indeed performs much better, thanks. I got one crash which automailed through to you. I'll test further in the next days and let you know how it goes, but so far its promising. Thanks, Ephraim
  • I downloaded 6.1.0.42 and it indeed performs much better, thanks. I got one crash which automailed through to you. I'll test further in the next days and let you know how it goes, but so far its promising. Thanks, Ephraim
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    CGLuttrell and Ephraim, I'm very glad to hear this seems to have fixed the lag for you.
    I received the error report sent in and should have a fix in 6.1.0.46.

Klaus, your problem does sound like it's different from what the other people in the thread are seeing. Can I ask which features of the built in IntelliSense do you use?
  • kondrichkondrich Posts: 79 Bronze 2
    I have SSMS IntelliSense turned on with "Underline errors" and "Outline statements" activated. "Autolist parameters" and "Parameter information" are turned off (I think those are standard settings).
    I tried to turn off "Underline errors" and "Outline statements" (just IntelliSense remains on), but this does not change anything.
    Regards, Klaus
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Klaus, I've logged your bug as SP-4862 in our bug tracking system, I guess the workaround for now is to disable the native intellisense. One possibility is for us to implement these features in prompt so the native intellisense doesn't need to be turned on.

Ephraim and CGLuttrell: I've just released 6.1 as our stable build if you'd like to update.
  • Aaron, thank you for releasing 6.1.

Disabling native Intellisense indeed removes all lags as a workaround. I guess that it would be a long way to re-implement all features of Intellisense.
    I just want to know where this lags come from. As I checked on our servers, a faster hardware would minimize them. However, they do not disappear.
    Regards, Klaus