Thread.Sleep and Custom Filter

Hi all,

I just downloaded my eval copy today and started familiarizing myself with the application and ran into a situation that another user on the forum ran into previously with Thread.Sleep showing as a time consumer in functions, specifically when a function uses it, the time in sleep shows as time within a child function.

I would like to avoid including Thread.Sleep in my profile so that its data is not recorded, so I took a look at the custom filter thinking that I could filter out its contribution. One of the entries in the custom filter dialog in the "Do not profile .NET methods that start with" listbox is System. I am going under the assumption that that System value is not recursive down to the classes below System (Is that true?)

I then added the following lines:
System.Threading
System.Threading.Thread
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep

My problem is that I am still seeing Thread.Sleep show as a time consumer when I profile my application.

Now my questions are:
Am I using the custom filter in the correct manner?
Can I not filter out .NET System class members?

Thanks for any input,

Joe

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Joe,

Is it that the Thread.Sleep is appearing in the source code window? There's nothing that you can do to filter methods from the source, only the all methods tab. Hopefully this is the issue.
This discussion has been closed.