Custom Filter

How to select function main() in Custom filter (win32 console application)? Why not use identical names in the list of profiling results and in the custom filter? How to get the overall time of execution?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

ANTS Profiler gives you a few filtering options: show all methods, show only methods with source, and custom. I believe that the lowest level you can specify in the custom filter is a namespace. As far as I know you can't filter down to the method.

In the all methods tab, once the profiling run is complete, however, you can filter and sort by method name.

The main results page shows the start and stop times of the profiling run to indicate how long you had spent profiling the application.

Hopefully this takes care of your questions.
  • Hi there,

you can actually filter right down to the method level in the project wizard. If you choose to set up a custom filter in the final step then you need to enter the fully qualified name of the namespace, class or method that you would like to include in the filter. This is quite a specialized feature and I would recommned using the filters on the results to highlight particular methods. Do post again with more details if you are still having difficulty.

Regards,

Tom Harris

Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sorry for the misinformation. Filtering out method calls is something new to ANTS Profiler 2.x and I wasn't aware that it had been added!
This discussion has been closed.