Sync Several Databases

ddorrityddorrity Posts: 5
I have a need to sync many databases with 1 master database. Only certain tables need to be synced. After going throught the motions of setting up a single database sync I have to start over again for the next database. I have tried changing the database manually by editing the project in a text editor but that requires a project file for each database and I have many, many to maintain. Then every time I add a new table, that table shows up in my data sync. If I want to exlude it, I would have to edit each file that was saved. Basically it comes down to this, it would be so nice if when I edited a project, I could just change the database and the selected tables for sync would remain the same. Or it would be nice to allow a project file that syncs multiple databases (one to many).
Devon Dorrity
Digital Business Integration
ddorrity@dbintegration.com

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Thanks for that. We should be making the Data Compare projects a bit easier to manage in the future.
  • Hi there,

this will be easy in SQL Compare/Data Compare 5. Basically you will be able to clone a project in the graphical front end and then just edit the server or databases - all other parts of the project will be maintained.

Have a look at the betas of SQL Compare 5 and SQL Data Compare 5

Thanks,

Tom Harris

Red Gate Software