Options

Domain Authentication

kgabryskgabrys Posts: 3
Our databases use SSPI for windows authentication. I had an issue with my domain account used for dba access and eventually it was solved by issuing a new account name. For instance: was kentg and now is kent

Even though our permissions are set and everything is good, the Data Compare Tool is still trying to access the database using my old user name. This is not the authentication directly created by windows, but a piece written for SQL Server that uses the Microsoft authentication passed. There is a database server trigger app that we created, used for security to insure the user is authorized. Since we changed the my logon name (by one character) I have not been able to authenticate on this trigger because Data Compare 10 is not using my currently logged in user name, but my old one.

Is there a way to flush any cached values so that it sends the current value?
Thanks in advance,
Kent - Becket & Lee LLP

Comments

• Options
    We have found the solution, the error message I am receiving about a bad logon name is not correct due to an issue with the resources of the component. This issue turns out to be configuration on our server. :oops:
    Thanks in advance,
    Kent - Becket & Lee LLP