Options

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ...

adsteradster Posts: 3
The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'RG_ProcVersion', database 'tempdb', schema 'dbo'.

I'm getting the above error when trying view "Commit Changes" on one of our database instances.

Its not a DB permissions problem because I can access it fine from any other workstation using the same credentials. I can also access any of our our other instances without any problems from my machine.

I've updated to the latest version of the software but it has made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

I suspect that the SQL Server is unable to authenticate the account when the account is logged in to this workstation.

The fact that you can connect and access from other workstations using the same account with no problems, suggests that the problem is with the workstation and not the SQL Server Instance where 'RG_ProcVersion' function is installed.

Are you able to use SSMS and locate the 'RG_ProcVersion' function in the 'tempdb' database?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the help Eddie. It proved the starting point to fixing it by comparing it to the other instance.

Relaying what our DB guys have told me in the hope it helps others. "We dropped the schema and then removed public access to tempdb"