Need step# on variable snapshot and items sorted by step#

mwoffendenmwoffenden Posts: 98
edited July 22, 2013 5:32AM in Deployment Manager
Using v2.1.2.21

Still tripping over this interface. It's absurd that I can assign step numbers on the variables screen, but on the Variable snapshot they are missing. And further, the items are sorted randomly!

Can we please have the step numbers shown (left-most column) on the Variable snapshot, AND the items sorted by step number?
Michael Woffenden
Founder and President
Information Results Corporation

Comments

• Hi there Michael -

I agree that sorting adding the step number into the releases snapshot is a good idea, and I'm sorry that the work we did to make the ordering of the variables consistent on the "edit" view hasn't had an effect on the snapshot.

I'm just fixing these issues right now. It's unlikely all of them will make the small-bugfixes release we're hoping to release within the next week or so, but they should be in the one after that.
    David Conlin
    Software Developer
    Deployment Manager
  • I'm just fixing these issues right now.
    David, Thanks for your quick reply, and I'm sure all users can benefit from this change.
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President
    Information Results Corporation
  • Hi Michael, it turns out we managed to squeeze these fixes into this morning's release:
    • Step numbers are now shown on the variables snapshot, in the "step" column
    • Variables are now sorted by
      • step number
      • environment
      • machine
      • variable name
      This is a stop-gap measure until we get around to implementing custom sort on the snapshot variables, but hopefully it will make it easier to use.
    David Conlin
    Software Developer
    Deployment Manager