Question about Deployment Manager 2.0.8

mwoffendenmwoffenden Posts: 98
edited July 16, 2013 10:49AM in Deployment Manager
Would someone from RG please list the bugs fixed in this release? (They are not listed in the release notes at http://documentation.red-gate.com/display/DM2/Deployment+Manager+2.x+release+notes.)

I've submitted quite a few, and would like to know that at least some have been addressed.
Michael Woffenden
Founder and President
Information Results Corporation

Comments

• Hi Michael

The page has now been updated to contain the list of bug fixes we did for 2.0.8.

I am currently working on a bug that you reported about the overflow and no wrap behaviour of project names on Deployment Manager dashboard (RGD-754). Another team member is working on re-ordering of variable names when you save them (RGD-767). Also working on RGD-752 - tooltips for variables.

We have also fixed a few other bugs reported as part of our "new UI" work. We are looking to release "new UI" in the next week or two, so you should be able to get your hands on the fixed stuff soon!

Thanks!

Chirayu
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Software Engineer - Deployment Manager
    Red Gate
  • chirayu wrote:
    We have also fixed a few other bugs reported as part of our "new UI" work. We are looking to release "new UI" in the next week or two...
    This is very encouraging news, thanks for the update.

Would you be able to comment on the status of these three? (the first two are vital)

- RGD-716 - variable values cutoff (and do not wrap inside the cell) in variable snapshot (I really hope this one can be fixed in the next release!!)

- RGD-??? - Deploy release screen is counter-intuitive with respect to skipping steps. Currently the user checks the items to skip. Better approach is to by default check all the steps to be executed, then have the user un-check the items to skip. Your team agreed this should be addressed. (Really looking for this one too!)

- RGD-722 - Enable the re/naming of steps

- And regarding RGD-767, the issues is both on saving of variables, as well as just trying to sort the Step column. In either case, the sort is jumbled, and I have had botched deployments as a result.
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President
  • Would you be able to comment on the status of these three? (the first two are vital)
    Good news is that the first two vital ones have been fixed already and queued for release, read below for details.
    RGD-716 - variable values cutoff (and do not wrap inside the cell) in variable snapshot (I really hope this one can be fixed in the next release!!)
    This has been fixed, you are now able to see the variable snapshot table values in entirety. This will be released with the new user interface. There is a temporary fix that we put in, in the currently released version which lets you see the whole value when you hover.
    RGD-??? - Deploy release screen is counter-intuitive with respect to skipping steps. Currently the user checks the items to skip. Better approach is to by default check all the steps to be executed, then have the user un-check the items to skip. Your team agreed this should be addressed. (Really looking for this one too!)
    I believe there is no bug number for this. This is also fixed and should also get released with the new user interface.

RGD-722 however wont be fixed in the next release.
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Red Gate
  • Chirayu wrote:
    Good news is that the first two vital ones have been fixed already...
    I agree this all seems like good news.

If the other fixes are solid, I can wait for RGD-722 (although I hope it's not too far behind. It's hard to distinguish between steps. I know others have asked for this too.)

What date might we see the next release with the updated UI components/fixes?
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President
  • What date might we see the next release with the updated UI components/fixes?
    Soon. Early next week.
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Red Gate
  • Hi there Michael.

The version released today (2.1.2.21) has fixes for these two problems:
    • inverting the functionality of the "skip steps" checkboxes
    • wrapping long variable content in the release snapshot

Have a play with it and let us know what you think!
    David Conlin
    Software Developer
    Deployment Manager
  • fixes for these two problems:
    • inverting the functionality of the "skip steps" checkboxes
    • wrapping long variable content in the release snapshot
    I did download the update, noticed the improvements. They look great, although I've not had a chance to try them out just yet.
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President