Options

Failed to load SQL Source Control 3.4

When I run SSMS, I'm getting the following error:

"The Add-in 'SQL Source Control 3.4' failed to load or caused an exception."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all Red Gate products, but that did not fix it. I also tried uninstalling SQL Source Control, uninstalling SQL Server and then reinstalling them both, but that did not fix it either.

Following the instructions in this post, I enabled Fusion Logging. I see some problems, but I don't really understand how I'm supposed to resolve them. I tried registering all the RedGate assemblies in the GAC using gacutil, and I tried registering both RedGate.SQLSourceControl.MasterComAddIn.dll and RedGate.SQLSourceControl.MasterComAddIn4.dll as COM controls using regasm, but that didn't fix it either.

The fusion logs are really big. Is there somewhere I can email these logs or some way to attach them as a file so you can help me troubleshoot my problems?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty hamstrung here. This is really affecting my usual workflow and hindering me being able to work with my coworkers. Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem?
  • Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post.

If you're having an urgent issue it's always best to email support directly (support@red-gate.com). The forums are really intended more as a community-interaction facility as opposed to a way to get direct help from us.

Anyway- for the problem you're seeing, the most common cause is that one of the config files has become corrupt. The easiest way to find that is to get the most recent logfile (you'll find these in c:\users\<your username>\appdata\local\red gate\logs\sql source control 3) and send it over to us on the ticket that's been raised for you, quoting F0074896 in the subject line.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software