SQL Prompt 6 issue with SQL Test 1

blitzdblitzd Posts: 40
edited July 6, 2013 4:05AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I recently installed the EAP of SQL Prompt 6 at the recommendation of one of the support folks, V5 had been crashing VS2012 on close - and the EAP 6 version did indeed seem to fix it.

However, now when I am running the EAP 6 version and authoring a query against a database I end up with SSMS entirely locking up. It doesn't crash, it just becomes unresponsive until I end task with the task manager. Looking in the application log I can see this particular error repeated over and over again during the periods when it's locking up with the source of each being SQL Test 1:

#QEc.#mRA
#1:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.resources, Version=6.0.0.15, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57

Or sometimes with a variation on the Culture:

#QEc.#mRA
#1:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.resources, Version=6.0.0.15, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57

#QEc.#mRA
#4:Failed to load assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlStudio.Explorer.resources, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91

#QEc.#mRA
#10:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SQLTest.Model.resources, Version=1.0.14.2, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57

#QEc.#mRA
#1:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SSMSIP.CommonUI.resources, Version=1.2.0.26, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57

etc etc...

Upon terminating SSMS I also see (with a source of SQL Prompt 5, which I no longer have installed):

2013-07-04 15:16:42,767 [1] ERROR SsmsAutomator.SsmsCommandTarget [(null)] - An error occurred while connecting
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The remoting application name, 'SsmsAutomator.SsmsRemoteControl', had already been set.
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.set_ApplicationName(String value)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.set_ApplicationName(String value)
at SsmsAutomator.SsmsRemoteControl.Configure()
at SsmsAutomator.SsmsCommandTarget.OnConnection(Object application, ext_ConnectMode connectMode, Object addInInst, Array& custom)

So, while my initial issue of VS2012 crashing on me at close is resolved, SSMS is now crashing on me with normal use of SQL Prompt.

Comments

• FYI, I have since uninstalled SQL Test, SQL Connect, and SQL Source Control, and I have not yet run into the issue again. The errors listed below have also stopped showing up in the event log.
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Sorry this is interfering with your work.
    Which versions of SQL Test, SQL Connect and SQL Source Control did you have installed?

I had the same thing annoying me but I thought I took out this line of logging in SQL Test 1.0.14.2, it looks like that might be the one you had though. It's caused by WPF constantly probing to see if a ".resources" file exists for each dll loaded, unfortunately we had logging for missing dll files.