Packages version dropdown list is empty

martinm116martinm116 Posts: 3
edited July 22, 2013 8:05AM in Deployment Manager
Hi

We have just started to evaluate the usage of deployment manager, but we are having trouble getting a simple test to work.

I'm not sure if this is down to us doing something wrong or not.

We are using Team City as our CI server, we've created a project in Team City that uses a NuGet pack build step, this seems to have created the NuGet Package as expected, when I open Deployment manager I can see package in the package feeds when I test the package feed and click search.

When I go to the create release tab within the projects page the version drop down list is empty though, and it won't let me save the changes. So we are kind of stuck.

Thanks
Martin.

Comments

• Hi Martin,

This problem normally means that the package id was not correctly entered in the package field in the step definition. The package field has auto-complete, so if you start typing the correct package id (unfortunately this bit is case-sensitive) you should get a pop-up:

select-package.png

Hope that helps, but please let me know if you still can't get it to work.

Mike
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • martinm116 wrote:
    When I go to the create release tab within the projects page the version drop down list is empty though
    One annoyance of the UI is that the selection box for packages is case sensitive. So if you had a package named Web and you started typing "web" the package would not show up. I've been bitten by that one a few times.

I'm hoping the RG team makes this dialog non-case-sensitive in the future.
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President
    Information Results Corporation
  • thank you all.

problem sorted :D

it was the package name like suggested that needed to be changed.
  • Just as an update: the package search for the autocomplete box on the "create release" page, and the "test feed" functionality, is now case insensitive for all nuget servers.
    David Conlin
    Software Developer
    Deployment Manager
  • Just as an update: the package search for the autocomplete box on the "create release" page, and the "test feed" functionality, is now case insensitive for all nuget servers.
    Thanks for this change! Ultimately, hoping to see a good old fashioned dropdown (html select) list someday....
    Michael Woffenden
    Founder and President
    Information Results Corporation