Options

RgPublish.exe /target doesn't create specified folder

abatishchevabatishchev Posts: 8
edited June 26, 2013 12:36PM in Deployment Manager
Using RgPublish /target makes no sense in dynamic environment (where folder name is being generated and created dynamically, say by TeamCity). There is no way to pre-create such folder so it must create it by itself.

Currently it throws an error instead:
[03:36:50][Step 7/7] Target folder 'C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\403d3ec57312a972\redgate' does not exist.

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    At the moment, the target folder is taken exactly as specified, and that's where the resulting .nupkg ends up.
    Could you clarify a little more your use-case regarding integration with Team City?
    I assume that if team city has created an output folder, this may be accessible through some sort of variable you could pass through to RGPublish?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    TeamCity creates %system.teamcity.build.workingDir% that I can use. But this is a root of the whole checkout and build process.
    If I want use more specific subfolder that doesn't exist in source, I can't, because DM won't create it.

If would fix that in an obvious way:
    if (!Directory.Exists(TargetFolder))
         Directory.Create(TargetFolder));

• Options
    You're quite right. I'm fixing that now; the fix will be available in the next release.

Hope that helps,
    Mike
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software