SQL Backup 7.4

Brian HarrisBrian Harris Posts: 18
edited September 9, 2013 12:35PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
We’re pleased to announce that SQL Backup 7.4 has been released and is available to download. This is a minor release and includes new features and bug fixes.

New features
    - Changes to the Install Server Components and Upgrade Server Components wizards to facilitate installing and uprading the server components on remote machines. You will need to specify an account which is an administrator on the machine in order to install or upgrade the server components. - When backing up or restoring, you can use WITH ERASEFILES_PRIMARY and ERASEFILES_SECONDARY to manage existing backup files. For more information, see
The BACKUP command and The RESTORE command. These options are not available from the GUI.
- When restoring transaction log backups, you can use WITH DELAY to specify a minimum age for backups. This is useful if you are log shipping to a standby server, and want to maintain that server at a certain period of time behind the primary server. This option is not available from the GUI.

Bugs fixed in 7.4
SB-5415 - When installing the server components with the /Log switch, account passwords are no longer recorded in plain text in the log.
SB-5446 - SQL Backup server components installer checks that the user is a member of the SQL Server sysadmin role before attempting the installation.
SB-5447 - The server components installer (SQBServerSetup.exe) displays error messages correctly.
SB-5448 - A clearer message is displayed when the SQL Backup Pro GUI is closed while a backup is in progress.
SB-5482 - Details of servers on non-standard ports are now stored correctly in the backup header, so backups can be identified by the ERASEFILES options.
SB-5501 - Including WITH COPYTO and VEIRFY in a BACKUP LOGS command no longer causes the backup files to be copied twice.
SQBCE-52 - When logging in to the SQL Backup Pro Hosted Storage website, error messages are no longer displayed when form details are cleared

SQL Backup 7.4 is a free upgrade from versions 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3. To upgrade, from the Help menu select Check for Updates or download a trial from the SQL Backup page and use your serial number to activate.

User interface version: 7.4.0.186 (to check the version number, from the Help menu select About SQL Backup).

Server components version: 7.4.0.23 (to check the version number, from the Edit menu select Properties).
Brian Harris
- Project Manager, SQL Backup
- Red Gate Software Ltd.

Comments

• I am upgrading SQL Backup from V7.2.0.78 to v7.4.0.23 on our servers.

Last Thursday I upgraded our test server and it worked perfectly.

On Friday I upgraded the first of our 3 live servers, but the upgrade appeared to hang at the first step of the upgrade. I waited over 30 mins before I thought to check the value in the server properties, which showed the 'Upgrade available' icon gone and the properties window showing the version as v7.4.0.23 – I had to exit the upgrade by stopping the process via Task Manager, but it appears to have completed correctly.

Today I had exactly the same experience on our second server (apart from the fact that I only waited 5 mins before checking the server).

I plan to upgrade our third server tomorrow at 5:00pm – I thought I would report this to you in case you wanted to observe what is happening on our system (or in case this is a known issue which you have a fix for)
    Please contact me tomorrow on [email protected] or by phone on (020) 7343 1885 if you want to see the problem in action (assuming it happens again…)

Regards,

Steve Muir
  • Arsen01Arsen01 Posts: 3 New member
    hi all, my name is Arsen)) I am a new member here )) thanks for your post , nice to meet you all here, in this web site.......
  • montanamontana Posts: 2 New member
    edited March 14, 2023 11:59AM