Options

Success Value from SSIS Execuite process Task

taekrtaekr Posts: 3 Bronze 1
Hi

I am testing to run Data Compare in SSIS Executive process Task.

In the first run, it found the different and synchronised the data then returned successValue = 0.

In the subsequent run, there was no difference and returned success value = 63, leading the package to 'Fail'. The following is what I found in the log.

RedGate.Shared.Utils.CommandLine.FatalExecutionException: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison. ---> RedGate.SQLToolsCommandLine.NothingToCompareException: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison.

I like to confirm that whether value 63 is related to NothingToCompareException. Also if there is a list of returned value from Data Compare I can get. I'd like to know the possible return values.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Exit code 63 is indeed thrown when the databases are identical. You can stop this happening by including identical results the comparison, using the /Include:Identical option as described on this page
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    taekrtaekr Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    Thanks you Jaimes.

Exit code 63 is indeed thrown when the databases are identical. You can stop this happening by including identical results the comparison, using the /Include:Identical option as described on this page