Options

3.4.1.4 Installer error 0x800b0110

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited July 8, 2013 6:59AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Multiple attempts to download using the upgrade are available link, and even used the returning customer - need the installer.

BOTH failed to verify the installer. Can continue nearly all the way through the install but it crashes near the end. No diagnostics, just a big red X Failed!

Cannot upgrade.

Target is Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 64-bit.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stephen,

I think you already have a open case with Support. We are investigating this and we are suspecting that it may be something to do with antivirus. We have trying to contact the antivirus company. Support will get back to you as soon as we have finished investigating.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    That's true, Priyasinha, James is handling this.

The 3.3.0.270 installer was downloaded without incident. There's definitely something in the 3.4.1.4 exe that Sophos doesn't like the look of. Microsoft Security Essentials OK'd it, though.

Reverting to 3.3 was the only solution.

Note to self (and others), "When verification of an installer download gives this error, DO NOT continue - you will have to uninstall the product to get a working version".
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem PDinCA reported on the same server OS using SQL Monitor 3.4. When launching either SQLToolbelt.exe or SQLMonitor.exe to install I'm prompted with:

"Verification of SQL Toolbelt failed, Do you with to continue? Error is: 0x800b010a"

If I continue the installer gets nearly to the and crashes as PDinCA described.

I can't find any log files to send you...
  • Options
    Hi,

I would suggest to raise a support ticket at support@red-gate.com so that we could investigate it further.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software