SQL Backup File Converter throws error since 7.3.1.1 release

DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
edited May 9, 2014 8:58AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When I try to convert a .sqb file using the gui tool, it now consistently throws the error: SQBConverterGUI has stopped working. This seems to be an issue with 7.3.2.3 as well. Earlier versions of this tool don't seem to have this problem. Also I can use sqb2mft.exe as a work around. Nevertheless, this issue should be fixed.

Steps to reproduce (easy):

Run the SQL Backup File Converter tool. Add a transaction log .sqb file and try to convert it.

I have tried this on multiple systems with same results.

Comments

• It looks like we've had some reports of behaviour like this previously when the SQBConverter.exe file has been corrupted in an upgrade - can you try downloading it from http://www.red-gate.com/labs/free-tools ... terGUI.zip and let me know if that works?

You can replace the SQBConverter.exe file in the SQL Backup program folder with the download if it does work, and you'll be able to launch it from the Utilities menu in the SQL Backup GUI.
  • DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    The labs link is for the 6.4.0.56 version of the converter tool. But, yes it does work. Can you repair the corrupted current version (7.3.2.3) for future releases?
  • Is there going to be a fix for this?

We have version 7.6 and still get the 'SQBConverterGUI has stopped working message when trying to convert a backup using the gui tool. If the backup is encrypted we get the error when trying to decrypt it, otherwise it throws the error right when we try to start to conversion.

Yes, downloading the older version as mentioned above will convert the files.

Will this be corrected in the current version?
  • Hi,

We have a v7.7 release of SQL Backup Pro in testing, which will include a fix for the SQBConverterGUI problem.

Thanks,

Colin.