Upgrade to Latest Version Breaks Schema Compare.

dhartdhart Posts: 13
edited June 26, 2013 11:07AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Comparing the databases hangs, until the application crashes. Schema compare is not usable is this state.

Is there a way to revert back to a previous version?

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• Hi Dave,

You can find a previous version here:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/Sche ... .0.542.exe

What error are you experiencing with the latest version?

Thanks,
    Neil
  • For some databases, Schema Compare just hangs on the postprocessing step of the compare with an insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program error. At this point Schema Compare has a memory usage (Private Working Set) of 3,859,200K. I'm thinking something is wrong :)

Do you want a memory dump?
  • Hi,

Sorry I've left you hanging for a bit. I should have a new version ready today that is less memory intensive. Would you be willing to test it out?

Thanks,
    Neil

dhart wrote:
    For some databases, Schema Compare just hangs on the postprocessing step of the compare with an insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program error. At this point Schema Compare has a memory usage (Private Working Set) of 3,859,200K. I'm thinking something is wrong :)

Do you want a memory dump?
  • Sure, I can test out the version.

Dave
  • Great. You can upgrade today via Help->Check for Updates. Please let me know if the problem persists. The previously posted link should still work if the problem continues.
    dhart wrote:
    Sure, I can test out the version.

Dave