Options

Bug - full text indexing

morpheummorpheum Posts: 5
edited January 13, 2006 5:57AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hi,

I am trying the SQL Bundle, Developer edition. However I have run into a bug that makes the script generated by SQL packager fail.

Summary...New version of database uses full text indexing, old version of database didn't. Generated an upgrade script using Packager. Tried running it and get error:

Creating [dbo].[cms_system_search]
Server: Msg 7601, Level 16, State 2, Procedure cms_system_search, Line 112
Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table 'cms_tbl_page_save_history' because it is not full-text indexed.

However if I examine the summary details from the sql packager it shows full text indexing is not added to save history table until some 30+ lines after cms_system_search is created. but this fails as above.

So to me this is a bug as the order of tasks needs to be swapped, improved, etc, so the table gets full text indexing first.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to help. The problem is that FTX queries cannot be run inside transactions, a limitation of SQL Server. Because of this, we have to script the FTX either at the start of the SQL script or at the end. The best place, and the place that we put the script, is at the end. This way at least all of the tables and columns are in place.

Unfortunately if you have views or stored procedures that utilize CONTAINS, then the script will fail. You would probably need to save this script and manually put the FTX queries in the proper place.
This discussion has been closed.