Options

Generate Comparison Results Report

clamk123clamk123 Posts: 40
One of the thngs we do with SQL Compare is generate the "Generate Comparison Results Report" under Tools in the menu.

What I'd like to do is do this same things through the API, however I'm having difficulty finding where and how to accomplish that via code.

The result I'm trying to accomplish is to do exactly what would happen through the UI if I compared two databases, went to Tools>Generate Comparison Results Report, and chose to output a file as Format: XML.

Is this something than can be done, and if so, can you point me to some documentation/code sample/class names to accomplish this?

Comments

• Options
    Never mind. I found a line in the SDK help that says it's not supported since its a UI function only.

There are some code samples in the wiki that shows a brute force method for emulating it, I'll just work with that.
  • Options
    Hey there,
    I found a line in the SDK help that says it's not supported since its a UI function only. There are some code samples in the wiki that shows a brute force method for emulating it
    I'm having trouble finding this. Could you point me in the right direction?

We are building an ASP.NET application and need to see a summary of the synchronization changes before we actually synchronize the data.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Stefan