Options

How to Deploy GRANT EXECUTEs with the stored procedures

mshupemshupe Posts: 4
edited May 16, 2013 3:23AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I compared two databases and deployed the differences. Unfortunately, the GRANT EXECUTE statements were not deployed along with the stored procedures. How can I have them included?
Note that there are forum entries about how to ignore the GRANT EXECUTE differences and I have figured that out but I am trying to do the opposite. I am trying to ensure that the GRANT EXECUTEs are included.
It looks like SQL Compare does not display the GRANT EXECUTEs on the source side at all. If I understand correctly, one of the forum entries said that only GRANT EXECUTEs for the current user would be displayed. I need all of them. Please let me know how I might do this.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

As you've probably figured out, there is an option to ignore permissions, so by default they are included. There may be some subtlety if the permissions are granted at database-level rather than object-level so it would be good to know if you are applying permissions at database-level.

Also, if this is concerning the command-line, please let us know as there is generally lots of confusion around how to apply the options.