Options

Feature Request: Double-click or F12 to navigate code

Hi. I've just purchased ANTS Profiler and am very happy with it. The only thing very annoying is the fact that there is no efficient way to navigate through the profiled code.

Usually I use F12 (Go to definition) in Visual Studio a lot and since there is no solution overview in the ANTS Profiler I immediatly try doubleclicking or pressing F12 like crazy to jump to the next step down. Sadly this isn't supported, looks like there are not much of advanced features in the source code window anyway (that's ok, but I really need something to navigate).

I know about the Hiearchy window and it is kinda useful (but more work and not as comfortable) to do exactly the thing I need most of the time (since one of the Children is often the method or class I want to inspect). ANTS profiler also stores all the methods in the "All methods" tab and could easily support this feature (doubleclick or F12 on name, then just jump to that method). Most other controls do support jumping to the code.

If there is any other trick or feature I don't know about, I'm happy to learn new things. Thanks for any tips in advance.

Comments