Global Overview does not display servers

capspaycapspay Posts: 4
edited April 18, 2013 12:57PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Sql monitor is setup and all the servers are showing up as connected but the over view does not list any servers. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in order to view them?

Comments

• Hi

I can think of two potential issues that would cause this.

a) There is some clockskew between various machines in your setup e.g. your web server and base monitor service machine. A time difference of more than 15 seconds can cause authentication issues.

b) Your browser doesn't have scripting/javascript enabled. Also Internet Explorer is by default substantially restricted on server operating systems and this can prevent SQL Monitor from displaying any dynamic content.

Regards
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Thank you for responding, I probably should have specified before. The overview was displaying a couple of days ago but when we upgraded to version 3.3 is stopped showing up. There is a message that says "You are not currently monitoring any servers" but when you click on the "Manage servers" link it shows all of our servers and it says connected.

If it was an authentication issue will it still display as connected?

Thanks again for your help.
  • It's possible that the Manage Servers page shows the servers as connected because that would indicate healthy connections between the base monitoring service and the servers being monitored.

My thought was that it could be a clock skew difference between the machines that host the web server (either IIS or the one we ship) and the base monitor service. If these two components are on the same machine then I'll have to rethink.

It's unlikely to be a javascript issue if it worked previously so we can discount that one I think.
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Yes the web server and the base monitor are on the same server.
  • Okay it looks like both my suggestions were incorrect.

I've just discussed this with a colleague and now think it could potentially be a bug whereby the Monitored Servers page is displaying healthy connections (green ticks) when there are actually underlying issues.

Would it be possible for you to locate, zip and email the SQL Monitor log files? These should exist on the machine that hosts the web server + base monitoring service.
    More information on how to find log files on this help page:
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/page ... Id=2296838

Regards
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate