Options

Production Ready Flag

sqlninjasqlninja Posts: 22
I had one of my developers ask if there was a simple way to flag a change as "Production Ready", to which I didn't have a straightforward answer.

They then asked if there was a way in SSC to "flag" a commit as such, to which I said no but would ask...
Thus I'm asking...

Would it be possible to have changes/commits as flagged "Production Ready", this would make it easier for the automating of Nightly Builds from Deployment Manager, or from SQL Compare?

Comments

• Options
    I am assuming that you mean the flag would be set by you once the change was deemed ready for Production rather than the tool making this determination. Currently there isn't such a flagging facility.

The idea is that a particular revision from the repository is tested and then once this is deemed to be "Production Ready" then this revision would be deployed where appropriate.

Can I ask you to post a suggestion on either the SQL Source Control UserVoice Forum or the SQL Compare UserVoice Forum explain how and why this would be useful. The development teams use these forums to gather ideas and determine interest in those ideas.