Options

LogShipping BizTalk databases

jeffgonneringjeffgonnering Posts: 27
edited March 26, 2013 4:21PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Looking for advice on how to log ship BizTalk databases. They have a special, built-in backup job that does (native) full and log backups, so I do not want to use SQL Backup as Microsoft says it does not support 3rd party backups of BizTalk databases. Is there any way I could use the native log backups that it generates with SQL Backup log shipping job running on the destination server? In other words, can the Restore command handle a native backup? Is there a converter program from native to .sqb? (I know there is one from sqb to native). Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Is there any way I could use the native log backups that it generates with SQL Backup log shipping job running on the destination server?
    Theoretically you could modify the jobs created by SQL Backup logshipping to use native SQL Server syntax for backup and restore.(I wouldn't recommend this.)

In other words, can the Restore command handle a native backup?
    The SQL Backup restore command will not be able to handle the native backup file.

Is there a converter program from native to .sqb?
    We do not have a converter for .bak to .sqb.

I would recommend that you use native log shipping in your case.
    Here is an article I found that should point you in the right direction to get that set up.

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2 ... -shipping/
    Manfred Castro
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software