Options

trial won't install side by side with licensed installs

Eric CEric C Posts: 4
edited December 29, 2005 9:13AM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
I currently am a licensed user of SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare and DTS Compare. I want to evaluate the toolkit for purchasing but when I download the 14 day free trial and run the install I experienced the following:

1st trial install upgraded my existing licensed programs and didn’t' install the toolkit.

2nd trial install prompted me with the modify/repair/remove window and when I choose modify it only gives me the option to modify the licensed apps.

What is going on :?:

Comments

• Options
    Hello Eric,

I'm sorry for any confusion, but the Toolkit is automatically installed with the Bundle. All that it really is is the sample code (c:\program files\red gate sql bundle\sql toolkit sample files) and the SQL Toolkit help file. The rest of the dlls that you reference as Toolkit projects are the same ones already being used by SQL Compare and Data Compare, and you won't be nagged about licensing for this product until you actually write and compile a project that references either RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll or RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Engine.dll.

Having a look at the introoduction in the SQL Comparison and synchronizaation toolkit help file that's already in the SQL Bundle start bar program group is the best place to start.
  • Options
    That clears things up for me, thanks.
  • Options
    ...but now I just tried to run the SQLDataCompareCodeSnippets c# sample project and I get the NAG window that states the 14 day trial has expired. I just downloaded the bundle last Thursday so it has only been 6 days however I have had the licensed version of the other products on my system for a few months.

Is there anyway that I can get this to run?
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Eric,

I will send you a trial extension code via email.

Thanks!