Options

specify comparison key for tbl with a PK in link static data

d.robertsd.roberts Posts: 11
I dont want to use the PK as its just an autogenerated int. I want to use 3 other fields, which I can specify in SQL Data Compare Ok.

Comments

• Options
    Ok, just to clarify my meaning:

In link static data in SSMS / SQL Src Control, it doesn't give the option to specify the fields to use for the comparison key, and just uses any PK defined in the db itself.

In SQL Data Compare itself it gives the option to specify the fields.

In my particular case there is a PK used for update and delete operations, but the real unique compound keys are 3 string fields.

Is there any way I can get SSC to use these :?:
  • Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to specify a custom comparison key in SQL Source Control. I'm double checking there's no workaround (I don't believe there is...) but if I do find anything I'll post back.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    I would like to know if there is a workaround for this and also inform you that I have added a request for this feature to be added.

http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/390 ... ce-control

I hope to get some responses soon.
  • Options
    OK, I've had another chat to the development team, and unfortunately it doesn't look like this feature is likely to be implemented any time soon, as there are various other components that need work.

Our only suggested workaround would be to have a separate checkout of your repo to another folder on your PC, and sync between the DB and that folder using SQL Data Compare- you can then manually commit the data records into the repo using Visual Studio/Tortoise SVN etc.

Sorry I don't have better news on this one :(
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software