Options

Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance...

andymandym Posts: 12
We have had a database working under source control normally for a couple of weeks, this has been stable without event.

This morning the 2 users working on it get the following error when trying to view the commit changes tab:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Environment:

Redgate Source Control Version: 3.1.3
Repository: TFS 2010
Shared Database Configuation
Only one instance of SSMS (version 2005) is open

We have tried unlinking / linking the database, the linking process ends up with the same error just after stage 3 (registering Database)

Dont want to clear out the TFS folder before re-linking as I assume this will lose all the changes that have been made over the last day that require committing.

We have in the last couple of days rolled this product out to 12 other developers and are worried because there doesnt seem to be any way to fix the issue.

Comments

• Options
    Same problem here with 3.1.4.72
  • Options
    Can I get you to send your log files in? We'll have a look over them and see if we can get to the root of this issue. You can find the log files in %localappdata%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Source Control 3

Andy, if you could include the ticket reference F0069675 in your email that'd be great. Paul - I don't have a ticket open for you yet, but if you include a link to this thread when you email in I'll open one for you and email you a confirmation email with a ticket reference. Thanks for your help with this!
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer